- This article is correct but short, It could really require some more details. Please help add if you can, Andrew Jackson and his philosophies will be an important topic on the test.
- ~~Hydral1k 23:46, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
A term used to describe political philosphy and series of ideas Andrew Jackson used.
What was it?
Was a political philosophy that Andrew Jackson and his supporters believed in. It consisted of roughly 6 broad ideas.
- Manifest Destiny
- Extended Suffrage
- Spoils system (government official rotation)
- Removal of national banks.
- Less government, more the people.
What did it do?
It promoted strength of the presidency and executive branch at the expense of Congress's power while also wanting to broaden the public’s participation in the government. It also encouraged expansion in the West.
His political philosphy led the course of American ideas and change from 1820s to 1850s such as expansion, equal suffrage, and less government, more about the people.